Superior Series Features:
- 2.0-2.5mm thin blades. Slightly thicker than our Original series but with the same concept in mind: Thinner=sharper. By increasing the blade thickness to 2.0mm, these knives are slightly stiffer than the 1.5mm counterparts and therefore easier to use when cutting hard/dense foods such as carrots, apples, and onions.
- Sub-zero tempered Superior Steel – the same steel as our Original Molybdenum steel but with an extra processing step to create better edge retention while maintaining the same ease of sharpening.
- Light-weight due to the lack of a bolster and the thin blade eases stress on your hand and arm.
- Rounded tip for safety and to prevent bending/breaking the tip (Only on some knives in this series).
- Hole punched near the tip for hanging the knife (Only on some knives).
- Sand-blasting strip along the edge to put small pockets of air between the knife and the food you are cutting. This reduces the “vacuum-effect” where a food tends to grab the sides of the blade and prevents you from easily cutting through. (Not available on the SK-40 or SB-105).
- Elevated handle for a more ergonomic grip and to create extra clearance under the handle for your knuckles.
- Razor-sharp edge that made MAC knives famous over 40 years ago.
- Completely tapered from spine to edge, creating a V-shaped blade that glides through cuts with ease.
- Perfectly balanced weight distribution creates a sense of comfort when holding the knife and keeps you in control of the blade.
- Slightly curved edge allows you to use almost any style of cutting whether it is a European rocking motion or a Japanese slicing motion.
- Pakka wood handle has the look and feel of natural wood but lasts much longer.
- Comfortable balance, light-weight, sharp edge, and thin blade all combine to create a precision tool that is easy to handle and control; reducing the risk of hurting yourself while working on the cutting board.